Strategies to Effectively Mentor your FIRST team website
A big THANK YOU to the Orlando Regional Planning committee for the opportunity to present this workshop for FIRST teams. Just like with the robot, there are a lot of moving parts with your website. Whether you are looking for tips to create a new team website, improve or manage your existing site or taking over the responsibilities for mentoring your team website here are some tips for what to consider.
Whether a all in one Wix site or a custom developed site.
Evaluate your goals, needs, resources and opportunities for the best possible site for your team.
Who is responsible?
Skills & experience available?
Who has the information?
You have built a website your students & mentors can help to maintain. Ensure it stays online year to year for the team.
Why create a FIRST team website?
To COMMUNICATE to your stakeholders and DOCUMENT your history year to year.
Current & Potential Stakeholders
- Local Community
- FIRST community
What makes good Team website?
- Team level, name and number
- Contact information for team/adults — not students
- Why donate? How to donate?!
- History of team
- About your team
- Events attending
- Community events/ outreach you participate in.
- Links to FIRST as well as your local FIRST sites.
- Resources your team has developed to share.
What makes me such an Expert?
My Skills Experience
- Graphic Design since 1986
- Website Design since 2000
- Independent Freelancer since 2004
FIRST Mentor & Volunteer since 2011
FIRST Website experience
mentored, host and maintain updates for 1902 websites
- firstalliances.org mentored 1902 website
- gra-v.org advise, host and maintain updates for 5816 website
- FIRSTHallofFame.org designed and manage website
- orlandofrc.org advise and manage website